Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two Worlds Collide

Yesterday was one of "those" days.  You know, the days when you have HAD ENOUGH and you feel like your head will explode and you really just need silence, a bath and a glass of wine.
 The days when you realize you really can't have it all, at least not all at the same time.  These are the days that led me to start this blog. 

Some days my two worlds collide.  And by collide, I mean crash.  And by crash, I mean I want to climb in bed and cover my head and not get up 'til the moooorning.  (Name that nursery rhyme.)

I won't go into the details of my meltdown, but suffice it to say there were tears that wouldn't stop and I'm pretty sure my good, sweet friend was considering force-feeding me Xanax (sorry Shelly!)  Luckily, Mike came to the rescue as usual and fixed everything, but not before my mommy guilt had dug in deep.

It was one of those days when Lawyer me and Mommy me could not coexist.  I am very lucky that these days are few and far between, largely because of an amazing husband and great friends, but when they happen, they tend to be doozies.

On those bad days I try really hard to remember how lucky I am.  My problems are pretty miniscule in the grand scheme, no matter how big they may seem at the moment. 

I guess the take-away is this --  as moms, we tend to think we have to juggle everything, all while having perfect hair and wearing heels.  The truth is, you can have it all, but you can't DO it all without a little help. 

Thanks to all my helpers.  You know who you are.  I really do love you more than my luggage!

1 comment:

  1. There is only one pie to split, and only 100% to give. Motherhood is most definitely about the law of averages in my humble opinion. I, personally, think we are much better off to show our kids the ups and downs of life and that we too are imperfect humans(of course, if there is a medical diagnosis involved with such swings, we might want to enlist some help).

    As for juggling, I think I know why it was a rough day. You were wearing high heels when every good juggler knows the job requires clown shoes. What you lacked in juggling skill yesterday, I bet you more than made up in style. That's a positive, I think! (I am not sure you could ever rock clown shoes, after all.) I'm so glad to know you are normal--and not a clown! Love ya, Girl! Amy Beth

    ReplyDelete