Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Picks from the Red Carpet

I must say that overall the fashion at the Oscars this year was a big yawn.  What was with all the creams and nudes?  If I ever appear on the red carpet, you can bet I will be in something bright enough to catch your eye and slinky enough to make the papers.


On the other hand, there was nothing tacky enough to elicit an "OMG, what was she thinking" from me.  How disappointing.

There were a few standouts though.  Now, don't be expecting me to pick the most fashionable choice as I tend to go with the ones that are the most glamorous, pretty and classic.  So without further ado, here are my faves:

Sandra Bullock
I usually don't go for such a "covered" look, but Sandra looked so elegant and beautiful.  She managed to pull off this high neck dress without looking matronly.  Why she ever married that trashy ho-bag Jesse James is beyond me.

Gwyneth Paltrow
With all the white/nude/cream dresses, there was no avoiding including at least one.  Although a risky choice, I thought the cape worked and Gwyneth looked lovely.  On a side note, it must be incredibly sad to never have your husband with you on the red carpet.  What a silly rule they've enacted in their marriage.

Rose Byrne
I love everything about this dress.  The hair was perfect.  Of course, ever since Damages, Rose Byrne can really do no wrong by me.


Michelle Williams
Possibly my favorite dress of the night.  I love the color and it is perfect with her platinum pixie cut.  Oh, Michelle/Jen, how far you've come since Dawson's Creek.  Joey Potter, eat your heart out.

Charlize Theron
Technically, this was an after-party dress, but there were so few red carpet gowns that I loved, I felt the need to include this one on the list.  I love the simplicity with the little pop of fun.  My jealousy of Charlize was almost enough to leave her off the list, but alas, I'm growing.

That's it for this year.  Until we meet again,

Smooches,
Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment