I don't know what it is, but I just love witty little quips and quotes. These are probably my favorite thing about Pinterest -- the sayings people post that make me go, "Oh, that's so true!" (Footnote: I hate it when people post these on Facebook. I can't explain the discrepancy. It's just one of the things that makes me, me.) So I have compiled a list of those that define me, inspire me or just plain make me giggle.
1. I have an irrational fear of wasting a good outfit on an insignificant day. Just once could I run into an old boyfriend, rival sorority girl, etc. when I look amazing? I believe this is the source of my fear, but I don't think it's so irrational.
2. BEFORE. B-e-f-o-r-e. Not B4. We speak English, not bingo. I am aware that this ages me, but it makes me CRAZY that teens today cannot spell. Am I alone in this?
3. Sometimes I laugh so hard the tears run down my leg. Two kids. Need I say more? P.S. Jumping jacks also make me "cry."
4. I never stick my leg off the edge of the bed, no matter how hot it is because it would get eaten off. The same applies to hands and arms. Laugh all you want, but I'll be the one laughing when you can't button your own shirt. Heed my advice.
5. Thanks for tagging me in a Facebook photo that I immediately untagged because I didn't look amazing. Seriously, people! There are people on Facebook that I neeeeed to believe I am as thin as I was in high school and wrinkle free! Help a girl out here!
6. No officer, my speech isn't slurred. I'm just talking in cursive. I don't drink and drive so I'll never be able to try it out. But I like to think I would given the opportunity. That's funny stuff.
7. Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't. Know someone like this? I would name names, but I'm a lady. (Heh heh.)
8. As a woman, I find it very embarrassing to be in a meeting and realize I'm the only one in the room with balls. Grow a pair, dudes! Wussiness is soooo unattractive.
9. Don't give up what you want most, for what you want now. I seriously remind myself of this all the time and it applies to so many situations.
10. You are only helpless while your nail polish is wet. Even then, you could pull a trigger if you had to. Can I get an amen?! Honey, you can take care of yourself! Remind yourself of that every day if you need to.
I could go on all day with these. Feel free to leave your own favorites in the comments. Rest assured, I will steal them for my own use.
Until next time,
P.S. In looking back at my choices, I realize that I appear to have multiple personalities. I am okay with that.