Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Lions and Tigers and First Graders, Oh My!

Yesterday, I got to spend the day with about 300 first graders at the Tulsa Zoo.  It isn't often I get to do that kind of straight-up mom stuff, but I planned ahead and kept my calendar clear and, low and behold, I had a whole day with my baby.



The weather was absolutely perfect and all of the animals were out.  In Oklahoma, it won't be long before they hole up to keep cool.


Of course, the penguins put on a good show no matter the weather.  Side note:  This is about the point when Payton's friend yelled, "I think one of them is giving birth!"  Not sure what she was looking at, but I can assure you I was not ready for a childbirth discussion so I quickly ushered the girls along.


Such a sassy little six-year-old.  I love this girl.



The girls found some new baby goats at the petting zoo.  I have to admit they were pretty darn cute, but not so cute that I wanted to touch them.  Or so cute that I didn't make Payton wash her hands immediately after leaving the petting zoo.  Anywho, moving on.



This is the amazing thing about first-graders.  Even after 3 hours of trekking around the zoo, they are still up for a game of tag.



Can I go back to first grade, please?

I guess I'll have to settle for helping my little one enjoy it while it lasts and being there as much as I can to enjoy it along with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment