Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A Woman of Many Shoes

I am a woman of many shoes.  No, not literally.  Well, yes, literally, but I'm talking more in the figurative sense.  On any given day, I may walk my way through 4-inch heels, flips flops, Uggs and tennis shoes.  It recently occurred to me that shoes are a pretty good representation of my life and the lives of a lot of other moms I know.


Shoes can change my personality.  As a litigation attorney, I have to stand up to a lot of bullies.  Maybe a few more inches make me feel a little less intimidated when I'm facing a judge who has been on the bench for a couple of decades or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company debating whether to trust me with the fate of the employees depending on him.  But then I come home, slip off the stillettos and step into my "mom" shoes and suddenly I can let go of the attitude and just be Mom.

But this blog is inspired by the pair that has been missing from my figurative closet lately - the pair I wear when I'm hanging with my girlfriends, gossiping about celebrities and griping about the kids we all love more than our Christian Louboutins. 

Okay, I don't own a pair of Christian Louboutins, but a girl can dream. 

So I want to create a place where we can gossip, vent, complain, laugh, cry, and maybe, occassionally, admire a few pairs of shoes.  I welcome your critiques and suggestions as this is a definite work in progress.  Just hang in there with me until I work the kinks out and settle in.

Meanwhile, let's kick off our shoes, whatever style they may be, because, honestly, whenever you're hanging with your girlfriends, barefoot is the only way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment